- “We have utilised SCYP as a partner to deliver various sports and arts activities within our holiday project on numerous occasions. The team have delivered a whole range of activities that were safe, engaging and inclusive to all regardless of age or ability of the participants. I have found the staff to be friendly, personable and they work hard to create an environment which is friendly and positive for all the young people and children they interact with. I would certainly recommend them to other partners”
Tom Beecham, Activity Partnership Manager, The Hubb Foundation
- Chell Area Family Action Group, based at the Whitfield Valley Centre, Fegg Hayes, would like to send a big Thank You to Staffordshire Clubs for Young People. The Youth Service at CAFAG has received various new opportunities and experiences organised by Staffordshire Clubs for Young People including Drayton Manor Theme Park trip, Football Tournaments and Ten Pin Bowling. We look forward to continue the excellent partnership work.
- Staffordshire Clubs for Young People (SCYP) have successfully delivered activities funded by the Police and Crime Commissioner (PCC) through his People Power Fund and the 2017 Space Programme. Evaluations provided to the Office of the PCC demonstrate that SCYP provided a welcoming environment and enjoyable activities, as well as building positive relationships that motivate and engage young people and their families. Jon Connolly – OPCC Space Lead
- Staffordshire clubs for young people are doing a fantastic job connecting with youths in our local community of Kidsgrove, working together they are encouraging them to get involved in sports and recreational pursuits, well done everyone and keep up the good work
With Regards. Cllr. Sylvia Dymond
Ward Councillor – Butt Lane
Newcastle-under-Lyme Borough Council
- We at 59th Stoke on Trent Scout group would sincerely like to thank Ian and his team for their professionalism and support. We took the Cubs, Scouts and Explorers to climbing sessions and they enthusiastically encouraged our children to climb. These experiences were invaluable to them, Ian also arranged for the Scouts to have some football training, which they thoroughly enjoyed.
We hope to be able to return and take up some more sessions with our other Cub, Scout and Explorers who weren’t able to make those sessions. F & S Meakin – 59th Stoke on Trent Scout Group – Newchapel Kidsgrove
- We used Staffordshire Clubs for Young People (SCYP) to deliver part of our SPACE programme, which is funded via Mathew Ellis the Police Crime Commissioner for Staffordshire. We were really pleased with the programme of events SCYP came up with and the feedback from the young people showed they were thrilled with the range of activities on offer. Ian Atherton was our point of contact to deliver the SPACE programme and he also attended the majority of activities. His wealth of experience in delivering young people activities showed throughout delivery and he was able to engage with other key partners as well as the young people themselves.
- Victoria Ellis
Member and Community Services Officer
Democratic and Community Services
High Peak Borough Council and Staffordshire Moorlands District Council
- Staffordshire Clubs For Young People have been a tremendous support to The King’s School. Ian Atherton has worked with the school to provide opportunities for our students. This has included a wide range of community projects such as helping to provide meals for the elderly and local environmental initiatives. Ian played a key role on our residential visit to the Lake District in the summer. He led many of the outdoor activities and played a key pastoral role throughout the week. Ian has a good understanding of the needs to the local community and is always keen to provide events which address some of the issues faced by our students.
- Emily Verow
Executive Head Teacher
Staffordshire Clubs For Young People have successfully delivered on one community sports project and are planning three more as part of their Sportivate funding. They have ensured that high quality sports coaching has taken place and provided the young people with sustainable sporting links within their local community. Most important of all, the young people involved have had fun and are committed at becoming more healthy and active.
- Staffordshire CYP have a record of providing high quality opportunities and services to young people ensuring the impact is felt where it is needed most. Ambition are pleased to welcome Staffordshire CYP into membership and are looking forward to working collectively with them during this membership period to support their growth and development. Their determination to improve quality is visible with their commitment to our Quality Assurance programme AQ+.
Head of Membership Development
- “We at PM Training have found that the sessions delivered by Staffordshire Clubs for Young People on drugs and alcohol awareness have some real positive benefits for our Study Programme learners, the sessions delivered are educational, concise and up to date, we use Staffs CYP as they are professional, very engaging with the learners and knowledgeable of the subject.
- “Having attended the annual celebration event at Drayton Manor Park on a few occasions, it is clear that Staffordshire Clubs for Young People deliver effective programmes for local young people helping them to grow in their personal and social development by supporting them to be active in their leisure time.
Staffordshire Council of Voluntary Youth Services